|Catalog Number/Object ID||1961-003-05013|
|Collection||Marblehead Town History|
|Scope & Content/Description||
Black Notebook #13 containing the following:
1. FAMILY HISTORY OF BOWDEN G. OSBORNE, Wife Merle
(Allen) Osborne, died 9/6/1967 at age 58, Daughters, Ann (Osborne) Attridge, died 6/22/1978, Dorothy.O Russell, Other family history…
3. PICTURE OF BOWD G. OSBORNE AND STORY OF…
5-15. THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT OF DEACON JOHN HOMAN, LATE OF MARBLEHEAD DECEASED, DATED June 21, 1756, recorded (6 copies).
17-39. INVENTORY OF THE ESTATE OF JOHN HOMAN LATE OF MARBLEHEAD DECEASED, recorded July 11, 1760 (6 copies).
41-51. INVENTORY OF THE ESTATE OF JOHN HOMAN, Ipswich, June 21st, 1757.
53-75. CAPTAIN HOMAN'S FIRST COMPANY (4 copies) by Captain John D. Widden (Old Marbleheader), Messenger Sept. 17,1915.
77-81. SOME FORMER WEALTHY MARBLEHEADERS, Messenger April 23, 1897.
83. ELBRIDGE GERRY'S EFFORTS TO PRESERVE PEACE WITH FRANCE DURING XYZ AFFAIR -CRITIZED BY OPPONENTS, from 'History and Traditions of Marblehead' by Samuel Roads Jr,
85. LOCAL REVOLUTIONARY CITIZEN-SOLDIERS RETURN HOME TO ENTER ACCUSTOMED COMMERCIAL PURSUITS, from 'History and traditions of Marblehead' by Samuel Roads, Jr.
87-89. THE SET - OFF, verse by Barney Gatt, loquitur, referring to talk of cutting Marblehead neck off from the town.
91. THE LAND OF THE FOUNTAIN INN REGION, by James J.M. Gregory, Messenger Oct. 20, 1905.
95-103. THE GENEALOGY OF THE PEACH FAMILY AS PREPARED BY FREDERICK P. WELLS IN HIS HISTORY OF NEWBURY, VERMONT.
107-133. HISTORY OF THOMAS WHITE (WAITE) family, from "Descendants of Thomas White of Marblehead and Mark Haskell of Beverly" by Perly Derby, Published in 1872…
137-139. ABRAHAM WHITTIER (WHITHEARE), Essex institute Historical Collections Vol. XL1X, January 1913.
143. THE WIGWAM OF AN ARROW- MAKER, The following story communicated by Mr. Robinson of the Essex institute relates the discovery of the site of an arrow-maker's wigwam, Messenger Dec. 21,1883.
145-149. THE DESCENDANTS OF THE ARNOLD FAMILY, It was discovered that Benjamin Abbot was a descendant of the Arnold Family, Messenger April 30, 1897 (3 copies).
153-339. COPY OF AN OLD NOTEBOOK LISTING THE HISTORY OF THE DEVEREUX FAMILY (note: very difficult to read).
341. ABOUT THE ARTISTS, Ed Carroll, Bill Haley, D.L. Kaulbach, Roslyn Roffey.
|Title||Black Notebook #13|
Homan, George W., Capt.
Roundy, Benjamin B.
Isaacs, Richard (Dick)
Devereux, John H. Col.
Prentiss, Samuel H. Capt.
Leabitt, Andres (Andy)
Widden, John D., Capt.
Blackler, William G.
Haskell, William T.
Read, William, Mrs.
Duncan, George W. Lt.
Orne, Azor, Col.
Marchant, John, Capt.
Gregory, James J. H.
Devereux, Jane Smith, Dr.
Devereux, John N.
Devereux, Nicholas Broughton
Kaulbach, D. L.
|Lexicon category||8: Communication Artifact|
|Lexicon sub-category||Documentary Artifact|